Friday, April 14, 2017

GIS at home

Like many other people involved in this GIS Certificate Program, I have explained what GIS is to my children and friends.  I have used examples from watching the local weather forecast to finding the nearest movie theater.  I have helped my boys with homework in social studies and science by providing resources that use GIS, and I explain how the maps were made or how they can be used to answer questions.  Often they get back from school and ask me what I've been doing, and I show them.    So, in this way it is "GIS DAY" every day at my house, it seems.  Probably the thing that interests them the most is 3D modeling.  I showed them some examples I found on YouTube and the lesson we had at the beginning of the first semester.  My older one has expressed some interest in making and using maps and Story Tours in ArcGIS Online for some of his school projects, but it hasn't happened yet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment