Friday, January 9, 2015

Hello everyone,

I live in midcoast Maine with my two boys, ages 9 and 12, and my three cats.  It's a frosty, snowy morning here, perfect for sitting down at my desk and getting started on a new educational adventure.  

After teaching high school English and Social Studies for 15 years, I spent a couple of years working at my family's business, Hermit Island Campground, before beginning an MA in Archaeology and Heritage with the University of Leicester.  I completed it in 2011. Their distance learning program was excellent, and much of what I learned about writing, study habits, self-motivation, and working to deadlines will be helpful as I work to complete this online certificate program.  There are several daunting aspects of what lies ahead - the computer/math side of things will be my biggest challenge, I think.  On the positive side, I love using, making and looking at maps, so I have no doubt that I'll enjoy the process and will benefit from it in many ways.  I'm also excited to learn about graphic design.
This GIS certificate program will give me essential new skills, tools and knowledge I need to be a competent archaeologist.  I hope to work in New England where I have always lived, and perhaps also in SE Asia, where I have enjoyed doing research over the past decade.  

I look forward to this course, and to working with this group.   Enjoy the tour - http://bit.ly/1  

Cheers!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment