Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 1 Lab: Overview of ArcGIS

Map #1


It has been a struggle to complete, and perhaps it's not perfect, but here is my first map.  It was done with some serious limitations on my computer (a problem with the Dell XPS 15 monitor which makes everything in ArcMap and on eDesktop appear in very tiny font, with very tiny icons, giving me a very big headache).

The process of creating the map was straightforward, and the directions were very clear.  I added two data layers to the world map, spent some time learning about tool bars and the attribute table, worked with some of the graphic design elements, and saved it as a jpeg.

If I had been able to see more clearly, I probably would have been able to line up the bottom edge of the map correctly.   When I tried to get the data frame to fit inside the page, I was not able to find the "Distribute" and "Fit to Margins" option.

This was a good introductory lab. On to the next lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment