Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Three maps of Mexico

This week we made 3 maps to practice what we learned in "Own Your Map", adding a few more skills along the way.


The topographical map was my favorite because of the ability to play around with the color options.  Some really made elevation clear, while others made the more subtle changes disappear.


This map showing population ranges within the states of Mexico was challenging because of problems I had making the ranges into round numbers.  I wasn't able to do it the way we were instructed because the numbers automatically changed to things other than what I typed.  In the end I changed them within the legend by renaming them.

This map taught me the most about how to change symbols, both on the map and within the legend.  It took a LONG time, but I'm happy with the result.


I'm still taking a long time with the labs.  The discussion group helped a lot this week with the resizing and neatline issues I was having.  Finding the data source in the metadata/item description eluded me.


No comments:

Post a Comment